Whilst I’ve only dabbled slightly with wargaming the American Civil War and Wild West, this period was also responsible for one of the highlights of my interest in military history: taking part in a huge real-life reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg.
Here’s a list of my postings with any content relating to the American Civil War (both wargaming and reenacting) and the Wild West.
- Un-painting the Renedra ramshackle house September,2021
- Lockdown and the Barryat of Lyndonia’s latest big battalion August,2021
- Miniature miniatures – the American Civil War in 13.5mm March,2021
- On Parade! Victorian Science Fiction – Foreign Legion December,2019
- On parade! Troops of the American Civil War June,2019
- I was there – a Kiwi at Pickett’s Charge September,2016
- Ironclad gunboats on the River Waikato in 1863 June,2014
- Kapiti Fusiliers: Battles of Rusty Creek and Gettysburg June,2013
- Un-painting the Renedra ramshackle barn May,2013
- Old Stuff Day March,2013
- In police hands – my miniatures under arrest! March,2012
- 23,000 reenactors at Gettysburg – more photos February,2012
- A Kiwi amongst 23,000 reenactors at Gettysburg February,2012
- New blog by maker of that wonderful wild west town May,2011
- My posse gathers to play a Wild West game April,2011
- One of the nicest wargames terrains I’ve ever seen April,2011
- My ‘bits and pieces’ display case May,2010
- What is your favourite wargaming MIDI/MP3 file? March,2010
- SYW French flags in breach of protocol? March,2010
Note: This archive is limited to 100 postings, so any older postings won’t appear here.