A Māori warrior brandishes his weapon from a grove of toitoi bushes. This is another progress shot of my work on my New Zealand plant terrain. I think that it is starting to really get the look of the New Zealand bush that I’m after.
I painted and assembled the toitois tonight, with their distinctive feathery heads. I also put together half a dozen flax bushes – you can just see their brown branchy type shoots (or whatever they’re botanically called!!!) in the mid-distance, along with some of the ferns I made last night.
Tomorrow I’ll work on more of the cabbage tree kits. There’s one in the background of this photo, but I think it needs a bit more work on the dead leaves.
At the moment all these plants are not yet based – I just placed them into a shallow box to take this photo.