After having followed many blogs, I've finally decided it is about time I started one myself. I've built and maintained quite a few websites in the past (you can see them listed in the sidebar on the right), but blogging is a whole new experience for me. So bear with me if I make a few mistakes a while I learn to blog by trial and error!
I said at the time that my objectives were to have:
- eye-candy pictures, but not sacrificing quality for quantity
- pictures big enough to get the full effect, not little thumbnails
- a wide range of topics
- interesting and breezy writing
- not too many spelling errors or typos (can’t promise on that one though – my typing fingers are faster than my brain, and I’m a hopeless proof-reader!)
- pointers to sites and videos of interest that I might find during my browsing
- occasional book reviews
- relatively frequent updates (I’m hoping for every week or so, but we’ll see!)
- a clean-looking blog (and no dark background – a pet peeve of mine)
- no bare lists of figures I’ve painted that week (boring!).